Statcounter

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

But Jesus Was Sleeping

Let's be real for a second, okay? Lately, I've been going through a pretty challenging time, spiritually. Maybe you've experienced something similar recently. You know that God is good. You know He's working everything out for your good, and you know He's got everything under control. You know you can trust Him.

But the wind is howling around you. The waves are crashing and threatening to swallow you. Dark, ominous clouds fill your horizon as far as the eye can see. The noise around you is deafening. Fear grips you, and you feel like all hope is lost. Yet the Lord is sleeping in the boat. You know He's there. You know He can fix all this with a single word. Why is He sleeping? Doesn't He care about this storm that's about to crush you? "Lord, save us! We're going to drown!"

Ever been there?

That's where I find myself. I know what the bible says, and I know it's true: I have every spiritual blessing in Christ. That's a fact. Right now, I have everything I need in Christ. God's got my back, and nothing's too hard for Him. Can I honestly say I believe that?

I can't. Can you?

So how can we experience all of these blessings we have in Christ, instead of just reading about them? How can we rest in what He has done, experience His peace and watch the storms become still before our eyes?

Maybe I should read my bible more. It does say that faith comes by hearing the word, right? Maybe I should pray more. When two or more are gathered in His name, we have what we asked. Right? Maybe I should fellowship more. Get some good Christian counsel. Or maybe I should just "trust" Him, whatever that means. Maybe I should just "fake it until I make it" and pretend I believe everything's going to work out.

What does the bible say I should do?

"I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ."
Philemon 1:6, NIV

Interesting.

Would you please take a second, right now, and pray that prayer for me? I could certainly use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment